Research done by the Center for American Progress should open the eyes of all Latinas. It's not all bad. Here are some of the facts when it involves Latinas and their health:
- Latina teens experienced historic lows for teen pregnancy in 2012, at 39%
- 17% of Latinas received Medicaid, compared to 9% for white women.
- Latinas represent 17% of new AIDS diagnoses among women.
- Latinas are 17 times more likely to die from diabetes than non-Hispanic white women
- Latinas have a higher rate of gestational diabetes, which puts them at greater risk for type 2 diabetes later in life.
- Latinas have a higher rate of lupus than non-Hispanic white women.
The numbers come from an article by the Center for American Progress. The question is how much has changed for the better for Latinas? We'll have to see in their next report.
If you have an updated stats or information please share it in comments.
Source: Center for American Progress, State of Latinas in the U.S. 2013
Thanks for stopping by.
Founder, Wise Latinas Linked